18 weeks pregnant...

Here's baby's size this week:
Poor thing! Not that sweet potatoes aren't appetizing or anything... but they could at least have found a cuter one to describe my baby's size! Hmmm...

As a celebration gesture for that 18 week mark, I will try to refer to baby this week as SweetPo instead of SweetPea.

So. About SweetPo. What's new?

MOVEMENT!

I'm so excited I can barely contain myself! Yesterday evening, I was geekiing (not a real word, heh?) on my computer (a.k.a leveling my lowest Horde character on World of Warcraft) when SweetPo started a little dance inside my tummy (that was probably not the first time). AND I FELT IT ALL and *that* was the first time! It lasted a few minutes, then stopped and started a couple other times during the evening for several seconds each time. When I woke up this morning, I got a Sun Salutation from SweetPo and the dancing started again.

I don't know what I was expecting but: not this!!! The first few signals for me started about 3 weeks ago and only felt like a few bubbles here and there. Now, what I felt for the first time yesterday evening was clearly "movement" of something alien to my body and it seems as though the moment when SweetPo found how to make me aware of his dancing, he wouldn't stop! I've felt him/her so many time in the last 24 hours it's hard to focus on anything else.

What I feel like doing right now: laying in bed with my hands on tummy waiting for the next dance show.

What I'll be doing instead: blog about it so I do not forget how truly special this moment was.

0 comments:

Post a Comment


up