7 weeks pregnant

Today, I'm 7 weeks pregnant.

The last week has been amazingly good to me. Besides being tired because of all the getting-up-in-the-middle-of-the-night-to-run-to-the-bathroom-syndrome, my breasts were only sore for 2-3 days and I didn't experience any morning sickness or nausea.

That's good, right? :)

In less than a month, I'll have my first ob exam. I can't wait. I'm guessing hearing the heartbeat for the first time will probably be the best confirmation I can get that things are going o.k.

Babies come in pairs too!

I read Bibliosaur's post this morning with the posted image of her twin babies scan and it struck me then for the first time that I could, without knowing it now, be pregnant with twins! It's funny how I go through life often disregarding some possibilities that seem like they will only happen to "others", but what if, I was just like one among those "others"? I guess it could happen to me too! Lol. I have a very special talent for stating the obvious, I know...

More seriously, when I realized, that despite the low probabilities, it is still a possibility for me to be pregnant with twins, my mind went blank. Would I like that? Would I be scared by that? When I hear of women pregnant with twinsI always think "how cool!" but then, if I'm trying to picture myself in those shoes, I'm not so sure how I'd cope with that new situation...

I always thought that having a first child is a huge change for one family and having two first children at once seems a bit overwhelming to say the least! But on the other side, if it's not your first children you're welcoming in the family, you may be running out of arms to attend to the twins while managing the toddler(s) running around...

Basically, wether it's a first pregnancy or not, doesn't seem to make it any easier in terms of the amount of energy you will need to deploy to manage it all. However, aren't your efforts crowned with a double-reward? I can only imagine how precious and fulfilled a new mother feels when she delivers two healthy babies. Overall, it seems to me like a bigger rollercoaster than being pregnant. Everything is amplified. The bad and the good.

Until I hear a heartbeat (or two!) on Nov 20th, I feel open and welcoming to any possibility life with grace me with... as long as I hear something beating!!!

1 comments:

Grizzly Bear said...

Awww that is too sweet. I know the first time is so amazing and puzzling at the same time. How can I have thing beautiful life inside of me?

I have 4 children: 15,14,4,1 Love being a mom it is the best job I have ever had. Sometimes crazy but lovin it!

have a good day!

Post a Comment


up